Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Gear Aqusition Syndrome

 Here's a shot of my Squire Standard Tele. With its new Texas Custom pick-ups. I know right? I've never heard of them either. They sound mighty good though. I was really impressed.  Plus, it says Texas on it. Can't beat that.

However, I dunno if it happened in shipping or what, but the hot lead on the bridge pup was broken off the lug. Yay. Fortunately, Mr Anderton has taught me to deal with that. A little copper tape, a little solder... and presto.

You can also see my hand made leather pickguard. Pimpin huh?




Here is my Vintage Modified Squier Strat.  Truthfully, its a modified Vintage Modified. I gotta get rid of that humbucker though. I'm just not about that sound these days. Maybe a coil splitter is in order.

Are you noticing a Squier trend here?  Yeah.

I love the things. For the money, they are awesome guitars.








My awesome home built pedal board.  Unfinished, but in progress. I've been playing a guitar since I was about 13 or 14. This one is my first ever pedal board. I've never had one so I decided it was high time.

This was put together by my next door neighbor.  He scares me a little. He is a wizard with wood though. Bat-shit crazy, but a truly world class wood worker. $20

 The top shelf it too high, and I ain't sure about that color.He insisted. I'll cut it down later.

I scored a couple of Behringer effects off Ebait for about $40.  I like them so far.  That Joyo Ultimate Drive is snarly as hell too. I use it for a solo boost for now.  The RP250 I got on Craigslist for about $50. It will be replaced with stomp boxes as I go.

My biggest issue at the moment is cords.  Radio Shack used to have a right angle, slim metal plug they carried.  Not any more apparently. Okay, wait, they CARRY it, they just don't HAVE it. Damn. So, as soon as I score some of those or something similar, I'll drill the board and the patches will go underneath.

Umm... I do notice something odd.  Understand, I haven't used many stomp-boxes over the years, but I thought the input was usually on the left side of the pedal?  Not these. Am I wrong?




0 comments:

Post a Comment